The Durhams go to Africa

This is the blogspot for the Durham's trip to Africa in fall 2006. We are taking an overland trip to east Africa, visiting Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and possibly, Rwanda or Congo. Some highlights from the trip: the Rift Valley, Mountain gorillas, Serengeti, Kilimanjaro, rafting the Nile and the island of Zanzibar.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Flatulence

Well, I did some research on the medicine we've been given to take with us in case we pick up a case of traveler's diarrhea. It's called Xifaxan...It's pretty new and good for areas of Africa with resistance to Cipro. Not absorbed systemically, it carries the benefit of having very few drug interactions or systemic side effects. But, look out for some local GI side effects. Some of my friends suggested using this recreationally (think "fart contests") or to get revenge on someone who has made you mad. Whether I end up NEEDING to use it (for either medical or recreational purposes), I'll be sure to let you all know if I'm in the lucky 11.7%.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Agape In Action said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!! Everyone "blogging"... SO excited that we'll be able to follow your Africa trip this way. Matt and I have been completely overwhelmed by the number of people following us regularly on our blog, so I hope you enjoy some of the same! I just found out about YOURS by the comment you left on DARYL's... what a small world the internet makes it, right?! Love you! (the other heidi)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger tompien said...

You said "diarrhea" he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home